Mission Grove Sports Leaders
Once children reach Year 4, they have the opportunity to become a Mission Grove Sports Leader. Sports Leaders run lunchtime Change4Life games and activities in the playground for children from Reception to Year 4. The initiative is designed to:
- Involve children in inclusive group games
- Develop leadership skills
We currently have 35 Sports Leaders and a further 40 trainee Sports Leaders. In order to become a Sports Leader, children have to complete an application form and attend weekly meetings. Training is also carried out before children are given the opportunity to run a Change4Life Lunchtime club.
Each Sports Leader is then allocated a lunchtime per week in which they are responsible for running physical activities of their choice. Sports Leaders meet regularly with Miss Jennings and the Sports Coach to discuss any issues and upcoming events.
Our MG Sports Leaders also undertake other roles and responsibilities such as:
- Setting up and running the Mission Grove Sports Newspaper
- Supporting the delivery and assessment of our Inter school level 1 competitions
- Organising and run our Sainsbury’s School Games Day
- Support the running of Mission Grove’s School Sports Week
- Organise and run Mission Grove’s annual Sports Day