Date: 4th October 2023
Attendees: Miss Jennings
Karla, Imrana, Chelsey, Robert, Sam, Ashley, Lou, Regina
- New appointments:
Thanks to Karla and Robert for all their hard work but they are both stepping down for now.
New Chair – Chelsey King
New Vice Chair – Karla Thomas
2nd Vice Chair – to be advised
Secretary – no one volunteered. PTA members will take turns to write the minutes.
- ParentKind – PTA network with event suggestions
Miss Jennings to give Chelsey access
Chelsey to request email addresses from PTA members so they can gain access as well
- Summer Fair
Miss Jennings didn’t have the figures but sadly we didn’t make much profit which is very unusual. This was possibly due to the bad weather but also it was the first time we had it on a school day.
Although it was easier for the teachers to help out on a school day it might be better to revert back to a Saturday for next year.
- Raffle tickets
These didn’t sell very well for the summer fair although we had some good prizes. We need to focus on giving books to parents to take away and sell to friends and family rather than simply selling them in the playground. This has generated better sales in the past.
- Halloween Disco Tuesday 31st October
Will be split into 2 sessions; younger kids for Reception – Y2 and older kids for Y3 – Y6
South site timings: Youngsters: 3:15 – 4:45 and older kids 5:00 – 6:30
Noth site timings: Youngsters: 3:30 – 5:00 and older kids 5:15 – 6.:45
£5 ticket to cover entry and food.
Possibly have a stand for snacks /drinks too
Competition for best dressed. Unsure if this is per year group or 1 winner per session.
Chelsey offered to provide balloons
- Christmas Fair Monday 18th December
Will have donkeys Dinky and Doris for photo shoot. Possibly petting / riding
Miss Jennings trying to organise Santa – last year’s one didn’t charge so hoping for the same.
Discussed having everything inside in case of snow/bad weather which affected profits last year
- Planned Events
- Halloween Disco 31st October
- Poppy Day 10th November - Kids to wear red
- Into film festival – various dates in November for all year groups at Vue Stratford
- Children in need 17th November
- Xmas film night 14th December
- Xmas Fair 18th December
- Xmas Jumper Day 21st December
- Fundraising ideas
- Mission Groves Got Talent – in the new year to allow planning time
Details to be decided but possibly charge £5 per act to enter and sell tickets to parents/family to watch the show.
Might have auditions if lots of kids want to enter but this depends on how much interest is generated.
Prizes for winners
- International Food Day – Date to be decided
- Sponsored football match Parents Vs Teachers
- Sponsored quidditch match
- Bingo night